Thursday, February 21, 2013

Proactiv Product Test - Day 1

Okay, like I said before, I had a few things in the works and being this was finally delivered I guess it is time to start.  So here we go..

The Proactiv Challenge


Goal:
Find out if Proactiv is all it is said to be

Time Span:
This challenge will be held over 1 month (being that is the supply they sent me)

About Proactiv:
Proactiv has been around for as long as I can remember (I found somewhere that is was launched in 1995), and from what it says on TV, its basically a miracle worker.  Proactiv is known as "Americas #1 Acne Treatment" with praise/awards from many sources naming different Proactiv products and systems as the "Best Acne Treatment."  Alright, I heard enough, it was time to test this product out!

Ordering:
Ordering Proactiv was not hard, nor very expensive (they have tons of deals on their website!).  I decided to go with the basic 3-step-system(30 days - $24.95 free shipping), which was to included:
 
1. Renewing Cleanser 2FL.OZ.: oil free, soap free cleanser with exfoliating beads and prescription-grade micro-crystal benzoyl peroxide

2. Revitalizing Toner  2FL.OZ.: salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and blend of chamomile, aloe and panthenol (vitamin B complex)

3. Repairing Treatment 1FL.OZ.: prescription-strength micro–crystal benzoyl peroxide, allantoin, aloe and panthenol

I'm not going to lie, I was very excited to get my box in the mail and start this challenge!  Everyone talks about this product and I really just wanted to know what all the hype was about.  Then, there it was...

From left to right, and nicely labeled (1-3) are my products that I ordered PLUS a bunch of free gifts (who doesn't LOVE free?!?) which included: Proactiv Deep Cleansing Brush, Advanced Daily Oil Control Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment, Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 15, and Green Tea Moisturizer.  All gifts, besides the brush, are smaller portions (1FLOZ and under) but I still found it to be nice and a great sales technique!
 
Instructions: Use products 1-3 twice a day, and one of those times you should use the brush with step #1 (Cleanser)
 
Day 1: So excited to test it out!
 
Step #1 Cleanser and Brush: Says to rub in skin (face, neck, ext) for 1-2 minutes.  This product is very light and I like that - nothing worse than thick and slimy!  You can really feel the "exfoliating beads" but it honestly feels more like sand.  Being it is suppose to exfoliate I think it is great and comes off very easy with the instructed warm water (drying with patting). Now about the brush, well, as excited as I was to try this brush out I am a bit disappointed.  I think I was expecting the brush portion to actually move/rotate, but it didn't.  That being said, when I was using the brush I felt like I was just pushing the cleanser around on my face and I got more out of it if I just used my hands.
 
Step #2 Revitalizing Toner:  Says to use a cotton ball to apply, and NOT to wash off.  Very thin, very light. This product made my skin feel fantastic! Felt clean, calm, fresh - I really liked this product.  After Step #2 drys, you move on to Step #3.
 
Step #3 Repairing Treatment:  The Repairing Treatment is to be applied after Step #2 has fully dried.  This product goes on like a cream or very light moisturizer.  It is still an acne treatment, so I was shocked at how light it really was.  It did not leave my face feeling smothered, it left it feeling as fresh as the toner in Step #2 did.
 
Thoughts about Day 1:
So far, I really like this product but I have yet to see results (obviously being its day 1 lol) and that's what really matters.
 
Overall Positives so far:
+ Cheap
+ No shipping costs
+ All products leave you feeling clean and refreshed
+ Products do not have any weird smells
+ Products have a nice texture, not slimy or thick
+ Easy directions to follow
+ Proactiv provides round the clock support
+ 4 free gifts sent with my order
 
Overall Negatives so far:
- Shipping took over a week
- Deep Cleansing Brush was a disappointment
- If you do not call and cancel, they automatically charge you/send you your next treatment (60-90 day at around $30.00-$50.00+)
 
Over the next few weeks I will add to this Pos/Neg list so at the end we can compare and see if this product is worth it!
 
I will be making weekly updates on this challenge for the next month OR until I run out of a product - these bottles are kind of small so we will see which happens first!  AND next month will include before and afters. Get ready!!
 
Have you ever tried this product?  Let me know how it worked for you! Comment below or connect with me on facebook/twitter with all info to the right!
 
Stay Beautiful <3 K


No comments:

Post a Comment